I recently discovered an xUnit configuration value that was super helpful, so thought I’d write up a quick blog post.
Out of the box, xUnit results look like this in Visual Studio Test Explorer:
About half of that is noise, specifically the namespace (xUnitDemo) and the class name (DrivingServiceIsValidAgeToDrive). The namespace isn’t really relevant to the test, and the class name is already available as the parent node above all the tests.
A simple change to your app.config will make this much easier to read.
I use the Glyphfriend extension which gives you intellisense for a bunch of font based libraries (such as Font Awesome, Glyphicons and others) and it gives you preview of the icon as you type. I highly recommend it. It looks like this:
This is extremely helpful, and allows me to avoid going to FontAwesome’s site to search for an icon I need, but for some reason it went away in one of my projects, and all I got was the font awesome icons I’ve used throughout the project, which looked like this:
Turns out someone deleted the non-minified file from the project in an effort to clean up the project. Adding the full non-minified file back to the project brought my Glyphfriend intellisense preview back and all was right with the world. Hope this helps someone else.
UPDATE: 1/18/2017 – It looks like with Glyphfriend 2.0 this no longer happens. They acknowledged this limitation (#1 under “limitations” in this post) and “fixed” this where the icons are compiled at build time and not evaluated at runtime. Looks awesome.